Three Moons Midwifery offers quality, full scope, evidenced based nurse- midwifery care to families in the Snoqualmie Valley, Fall City, Preston, Sammamish, Issaquah, Bellevue, Renton, Kent, Auburn, and surrounding areas.
I provide care for adolescents, adults, and elders with female reproductive organs, regardless of gender identity.
As a nurse-midwife I have full prescriptive authority and can provide prescription medications for you as appropriate.
If you require care beyond what I can provide as a nurse-midwife I will work with you to find the appropriate provider and continue to provide midwifery care as appropriate.
- Annual gynecologic exams
- Health and Wellness Review and counseling
- Sexual health and functioning
- PAP smears
- Clinical Breast Exams
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing and treatment
- Vaginitis diagnosis and treatment
- and more…
Family Planning and Preconception:
- Natural family planning education and support
- Contraception education, prescription, and ongoing counseling
- IUD placement and removal
- Fertility Awareness education and support
- Fertility testing and counseling
- Genetic testing and counseling
- and more
Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum and Newborn care:
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal care: Usual prenatal care includes at least an hour for your initial visit, subsequent visits of at least 30 minutes: every 4 weeks until 28-32 weeks gestation, every 2 weeks until 34-36 weeks gestation, and every week until labor begins.
- Fetal assessment through growth measurement and listening to heart tones
- Testing and labs as appropriate (most testing, including ultrasounds, is referred to an outside provider and results are shared)
- Nutrition and Activity assessment and counseling
- Self-care assessment and counseling
- Partner/Family support
- At least one home visit if you are planning to birth at home
- Collaboration and/or Referral to other health care providers as needed
- Labor and Birth
- You choose to birth in your home or at a freestanding birth center
- Water birth if you choose it
- Labor support
- Assist with the birth of your baby in any position you choose; you, your partner, or a family member may assist if you choose
- Postpartum: Usual postpartum care includes staying with you for several hours after your birth, home visits at 24-48 hours and 1-2 weeks after birth, and an office visit at 6 weeks.
- Assess and maintain well-being of you and your newborn
- Assist in infant feeding
- Newborn exam
- Care of Newborn up to 6 weeks old
- Repair of lacerations/tears, if needed
Urgent or Emergent Situations in Labor or Birth:
I am trained to support normal physiological birth. I am also trained to recognize when situations deviate from normal and to institute interventions or transfer of care when appropriate. As a midwife I am trained in the administration of oxygen to mother and baby, as well as newborn resuscitation. All necessary equipment for resuscitation is readily available in a home or birth center birth. You will always be involved in decision making and informed of any concerns I may have in regards to your labor or birth deviating from normal.